Chapter 5 - The Warning
"For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."
Please keep in mind, you will not have forever to make your decision, a lifetime of opportunity will one day come to an end.
dmit that you are a sinner
1 John 1:8 - If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us
elieve that Jesus paid for your sins at the cross
Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us
onfess that Jesus is the Son of God.
Romans 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
What does it mean that Jesus died for our sins? Without Jesus’ death on the cross for our sins, no one would have eternal life. You and I have been born into the sin penalty from Adam & Eve sinning, and as a result, all mankind is subject to both physical and eternal death by virtue of our inherited sinful nature. We cannot get to heaven on our own. Only through the acceptance of Jesus' birth, death, and resurrection and His forgiveness of sins, can someone see the kingdom of heaven.
God declared that all who sin will die, both physically and spiritually. This is the fate of all mankind. But God, in His grace and mercy, provided a way out of this dilemma, the shed blood of His perfect Son on the cross. God declared that “without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22), but through the shedding of blood, redemption is provided. This is why Jesus came and why He died, to become the ultimate and final sacrifice, the perfect sacrifice for our sins (Colossians 1:22 ; 1 Peter 1:19). Through Him, the promise of life eternal with God becomes effective through faith to those who believe in Jesus.
"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."
"Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire."
Here I am,
an unrepentant soul ,
a mocker of Jesus, a scoffer of
Christians trying to help.
Living for myself was everything,
and I was sorry for nothing,
and here I am.
I had a lifetime to accept Christ ,
I seek death now, but can't find it.
My flesh burns, my eyes half melted,
this place will never end,
and here I am.
The Unrepentant Soul
I'm Sarah, a professed Christian
I WANT ANOTHER CHANCE!!
Attended church to appease my parents
I listened but never believed
A Christian on FaceBook,
A Christian at work, wore my cross pendant daily
A Christian to everyone through my lips
Jesus? Yeah whatever...the fairytale in the sky.
Christians relying on an invisible man because
they can't think for themselves.
"Pathetic" is what I said.
Lies were my friend, a means to an end.
That was then, but this is now,
I WANT ANOTHER CHANCE!!
A Christian from my mouth, but not my heart.
Nobody knew I wasn't a Christian, nobody but God.
Jesus is real, I know that now. I met Him ya know,...at the Great White Throne. He was dressed in white, pure white, with something written on His thigh.
He knew my thoughts before I thought them. He knew my words before I spoke them
He called me forward, opened a book, paused and said, "Depart from Me, I never knew you".
I said I was saved, but wasn't.
Saying and believing, the difference between heaven and here
I WANT ANOTHER CHANCE!!
If only I had,...another chance.
I sold my dignity, and myself as a person.
To the highest bidding man I sold myself.
My best friend Amy sold herself too, two times a week. I've been looking, but can't find her here.
She left one day and went into real estate.
“Fine by me”,..I said, I got tired of her pushing those Bible tracts on me every day.
"The money is good", she said. Well, I was making more! But I live down here like I did on earth.
Indifferent of the consequences, and apathetic about my profession, unconcerned about eternity.
I've been searching for Amy 20 years now,...but she is not here. She sold her heart to Jesus, and I sold myself to someone else.
In today's cynical world, a lot of people like to get cute and say, "What sin did Jesus die for?...name a sin I've committed that he died for." Ok,....we will. And we will do it without it being shrouded in the all encompassing vague aura of "sin" that has perforated so many institutions these days, without ever getting named specifically. If you haven't already guessed, Johnny doesn't pull punches,....so let's name them. This might hit a little too close to home for some,...but nobody here is innocent, including myself.
Here are 13 specific sins (with examples) that Jesus died for......
- How about dishonesty.......cooking the books on the quarterly sales quota at work, so you get your periodic bonus.
- How about stealing......claiming on your taxes that you donated $800 to a local charity, when you only donated $100,.....to get the $200 tax credit.
- How about homosexuality....consciously pursuing sin....(both Leviticus 20:13 and Leviticus 18:22 are extremely clear on this).
- How about lying to your vacationing boss, telling him you worked on Friday, when you were actually at home on your throne of potato chips with garlic dip in one hand and the remote in the other.
- How about going 1 click too far on the computer to those suggestive images. For those who like to play semantics, I'll spell it out....p-o-r-n-o-g-r-a-p-h-y. Our disturbed world puts it everywhere it possibly can.
- How about being married and having that 7pm "work dinner" with the 23 year old secretary.
- How about having the wrong motive or intentions....being a Director and promoting your best friend to Manager, when others were more qualified & had more seniority.
- How about bad thoughts......wishing the car in front of you who is going slower than a snail moving backwards would swerve off the road, flip into the ditch & burst into flames.
- How about skimming at work...the CFO who siphons off $3000 from the net income because the invoices are already documented & he controls all financial statements.
- How about lying by omission......60% truth and the other 40% conveniently left out.
- How about hiding an affair from your spouse....being unfaithful. Telling your wife that you're "out with the guys", when actually you're at the Marriott ordering room service for two.
- How about taking the Lord's name in vain...using it as a curse word.
"G** da**". I must hear this 20 times a day at work.
- How about abortion........the taking of an innocent life, because it doesn't fit into your
lifestyle at the moment. Again, for those who like to play semantics,..it's called murder. Debate it all you want,...but the opinion of Jesus Christ is the only one that matters. And if you think abortion is ok, I promise you, you will be on the losing end.
These are only a few examples of sin,...there are many others.
Folks, Jesus wants all of you. He wants to see the effort of change, commitment, & dedication, as imperfect as we are. Living a Christ centered life includes qualities such as denial of self righteousness, recognition of sin (repentance), and a commitment to obey Him and follow Him. While these things do not save us, they are aspects to diligently put into practice. He didn't die so that we could engage in sin. He died so that we could become a new creation in Him. "What shall we say, then,...shall we go on sinning, so that grace may abound?" (Romans 6:1)
Guys, either Jesus is the foundation of your life or just an extension of it.
If He is your foundation, then sin must become........